In both Lorgues and the nearby surroundings there are many opportunities for exciting experiences and activities. Whether you prefer southern France culture or natural beauty, sports, excursions or relaxing on the beautiful beaches of Saint Tropez, Saint Maxime, you find what you want.
Although Lorgues is a small town, there are many good places to eat, where the traditional cuisine abounds, and if one is for truffles, a visit to Chez Bruno, with a Michelin star, is a must!
Lorgues is the ideal starting point to experience Provence with its beautiful countryside and medieval villages peppered with ancient culture, beit on foot, bicycle or by car, all options are open!
Suggested excursions to surrounding villages and towns, etc.:
- Medieval village of Entrecasteaux – 17 km.
- Medieval village of Cotignac – 25 km.
- The area’s ‘main city’ Draguignan 13 km.
- Les Gorges du Verdon with their magnificent lake Ste. Croix, white water rafting, canyoning, canoeing, windsurfing, hiking. – 45 km.
- The local vineyards, where you can taste without having to buy.
- A must is to visit one or more of the markets in nearby villages and towns.
- Canoeing – 5 km.
- River Rafting – 45 km.
- Horseback riding – 4 km.
- Tennis – 2 km.
- Beaches – 45 km. for example St Tropez.
- Cannes – 65 km.
- Lots of opportunities for cycling and hiking.
- It is, of course, also possible to play a game of pétanque (or boules) on the house’s own court – or with the locals on urban squares, who traditionally get together and organize world affairs while enjoying a small glass and a game.